I visited London for my first time ever last week and was blown away by some of the fashion choices I observed on the Tube and while walking around the city. Although some looks were a little too adventurous for my taste, below are five trends that I’m going to try to implement into my wardrobe this season.
1) Practical Shoes: Let’s be honest, you walk a lot when you live in a big city and heels are not practical commuter shoes. Living in DC, I’m going to embrace investing in more practical work shoes.
2) Mix Masculine and Feminine: I have a very classic feminine style and struggle wearing more masculine pieces like blazers. I loved how women paired more masculine pieces with feminine fabrics like lace and silk.
3) Bold Patterns: Sometimes wearing bold patterns makes me feel self-conscious, but after seeing so many women rocking amazing patterned pieces, I’m inspired to try the same.
4) Classic Denim: I saw a man in London rocking a two-piece denim suit that was surprisingly tasteful. This has inspired me to implement some classic denim into my work wardrobe.
5) Stand-out Accessories: The majority of Londoners I saw were wearing black or navy from head to toe, but pulled their outfits together with intricate shoes, a bright-colored bag, or a statement necklace.